What is your fee to perform a ceremony?

My fee is based upon the time and distance from my home in Westminster, Maryland to the venue where the ceremony is to be held. This fee is all-inclusive and there will be no additional charges such as mileage, tolls, fuel, food, etc. My basic fee starts at $350.00

What questions do you ask during the initial meeting?

For the most part, I only ask for basic contact information as well the time and place of the ceremony. I will also discuss with the couple the vision that they have for their ceremony--viz. whether it is more traditional or perhaps more contemporary. I do not believe that one should feel like they are being interrogated and therefore do not ask any deeply personal questions. Any information, personal or otherwise, is kept private and confidential.

Will you do a rehearsal?

If I do not have a wedding or rehearsal scheduled on the day of your rehearsal, I will make every effort to be present for the rehearsal. There is an additional charge to participate in the rehearsal.

When do you arrive at the venue the day of the ceremony?

I like to be at the venue 30 to 45 minutes prior to the commencement of the ceremony. 

Will you stay to do a Dinner Blessing?

If time and scheduling permits, I will be more than happy to stay for the Dinner Blessing.

What if there is an emergency such as sickness, accident, or other causes that prevents you from performing the ceremony?

I am a member of a group of like-minded ministers called the Ministerial Alliance. When a minister books a wedding, the name of the bride and groom as well as their contact information is uploaded on a bulletin board that can only be accessed by current members of the Alliance. If the minister has the final copy of the ceremony, it is uploaded to the bulletin board as well.. Should something happen, the next available minister will go to the board, access the information and do his or her best to perform the ceremony in my stead.

Can this be 100% guaranteed? No. But every effort will be made to find a replacement minister should the need arise.

What about the paperwork?

After the ceremony is performed, I sign all required documents and will file the documents as well. It is the responsibility of the couple to provide a valid Marriage License before the ceremony can begin. It is also the responsibility for the couple to obtain Certified Copies after the paperwork has been filed with the Clerk of the Court. 

Will you perform same-sex marriages?

Absolutely. If the ceremony is going to be in a state where same-sex marriages are legal, I have absolutely no problem with uniting two people who are in love.